St Nicholas Choristers
The St Nicholas Choristers are comprised of 12-15 mixed trebles (boys & girls) who form the treble line with support from the Parish Choir (ATB).
With a strong commitment from the church and from parents, our chorister program teaches discipline, consistency, and excellence. This program is much more than a typical after-school activity. It is an exceptional educational opportunity, and can be an essential part of a child's learning and development. The St Nicholas Choristers are introduced to a world of great music: from traditional hymns and Gregorian chant, to Renaissance motets in Latin, Bach in German, and English cathedral music from among the most prized gems our of Anglican choral heritage.
Great emphasis is give to music-reading skills, basic vocal production, and overall musicianship. The program is modeled after the musical education a child might receive in an English cathedral and other similar choral foundations. After several years in our choir, boys and girls develop trained voices, refined skills of tuning and blend with other singers, and for many exceptional sight-reading abilities.
Teamwork, Leadership, and Skills for Life
- We teach more than music skills.
- Each boy and girl receives significant individual attention in a challenging, yet fun environment.
- Leadership skills are an important part of our program.
- A wide range of ages (7-14, boys, 7-18, girls) encourages teamwork.
- Field trips and choir parties foster bonding and strong friendships.
- Children may join at any time.
- Visit us for a rehearsal or service; contact the Director of Music to arrange an informal interview.
- No prior training or experience is expected or required.
- There is a modest tuition fee, the strong commitment parents and children make is what is most required.
- Children of any religious affiliation, or no affiliation, are warmly welcomed.
- A small honorarium, based on leadership and performance, is paid to each chorister underscoring our commitment to each chorister.
The choristers sing 2-3 times a month, which includes a Choral Eucharist and a Choral Evensong.
Please click HERE to submit your payment to our donations page and indicate chorister
in the donations field and enter St Nicholas in the comments area.
For further information on the St Nicholas Choristers please contact:
Mr Ruben Valenzuela, Director of the Music & Organist.
Weekly Rehearsal: Wednesday (4pm-5:30pm) Song Room (Music Center)